Sunday, December 26, 2010

Why? and all that introductory stuff...

At first I was planning to blog about remodeling my kitchen with my husband on a budget of 500 dollars, and than I thought I would blog my political agenda, (like being a 37 year old poetmomwiferollerderbyqueen in an economic depression holding down a job running a household remodeling a kitchen on 500 dollars owning a house and raising two kids while paying bills on a nonprofit salary)... and than I thought I would just put my poetry on my blog...or pictures, musings, art, and well you get the idea...

SOOO...

...here you have it Ellipsis23...

the ... in the ... 

the #23...

poetrypoliticalagendaremodelingmoneyraisingkidseconomicdepressionlovelifemaybesomebeerramblingsand...

If your curious you'll just have to stay tuned.

Etymology

From Ancient Greek ἔλλειψις (elleipsis, “omission”).

Pronunciation

    * (UK) IPA: /ɪˈlɪpsɪs/ SAMPA: /I"lIp.sIs/
    * (US) IPA: /ɨˈlɪpsɨs/, /ɛˈlɪpsɨs/
Noun

ellipsis (plural ellipses)
Examples (grammar)

1. (typography) A mark consisting of three periods, historically with spaces in between, before, and after them “ . . . ”, nowadays a single character “…” (used in printing to indicate an omission).  

2. (grammar) The omission of a grammatically required word or phrase that can be inferred.
  
3. (film) The omission of scenes in a film that do not advance the plot.  
It was now possible for writers and directors to cut scenes that did not further the plot; called "ellipses" by filmmakers.

 Synonyms

   (typography indicating omission): dot dot dot